FAQ's About Rentals
Rental Guys is a full service locator service that can help you find your next home. We have access to hundreds of properties from a studio apartment to lofts downtowns and 5 bedroom homes. You tell us what you're looking for and we'll find the properties that fit your needs. Our service is 100% free and we save you time, gas, and the stress that searching for a home can sometimes bring.
We work with most all of the owners, landlords and management companies in town by helping them find tenants to fill their properties. We're a strictly commission based company so your hapiness and satisfaction is our livelyhood.
Our website is always up to date with actual and current availability so you can browse online anytime if you know what you're looking for. Birmingham rentals typically work off of 30 day notices from tenants which is how we predict vacancies. By the 5th of each month, we generally know what will be on the market in the next 30 days. Properties go fast and companies will generally hold a unit for 2-4 weeks with a deposit. You should begin looking no sooner than 30 days out from your move in date.
- Before taxes you should make 3x the amount of monthly rent solely, or combined if you have a roommate
- Your credit is currently satisfactory. There isn't a magic # you're credit score should be, but credit is a big factor in the rental process.
- Good rental history without any outstanding debts from previous leases.
- Background checks are ran to check for felonys and other serious charges.
A list of properties or a printout of your favorites, Your drivers license and second form of ID, proof of income ie recent paystubs, offer letter, student loan info or tax document if your self employed and last, funds for your application fee.
- Application fees generally don't exceed more than $60 per person,
- Security deposits range in price by property and can go from equal to half of one months rent or up to 1 months rent depending (Occasionally a higher deposit is required in lieu of credit issues, pets etc).
- First months rent. Alot of properties will prorate your rent upon move in depending on the date you sign but others may charge the first month rent upon signing.